REFLECTOR: strakes

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Mar 25 17:36:10 CDT 2007

I've seen velocity's with a small window about 4x6 in the

strake baggage area for the rear seat folks to look down.

I assume it's glassed down like the other windows.

What thickness material did folks use?

What did they use? plexiglass, lexan...

Was there any attempt to add some of the structure

strength back?

As in some sort of extra layups around the window...

Noel

I used ¼” Plexiglas (acylic).  You can see the window install at
http://members.cox.net/alg3/strclos.htm

Scroll to the last photo at the bottom.  Then click the ‘Airplane’ link
below that photo, and pick up the ‘Interior’ link from the homepage. Window
can been seen in a couple of the interior shots.

Quite pleased with the 20B installation, except for the ECU which has
annoying me for a year; but I think we are now at, or close to a solution.

Al