REFLECTOR: slick start and traffic alert system

gibbons gibbons at as.net
Sun Mar 25 10:17:27 CDT 2007

Bob
Is your Zaon the XRX.
Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:26 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: slick start and traffic alert system

I recently purchased and have been using Zaon Flight System's portable
device. It is passive and reacts to transponders that are responding to
other queries. Seems to detect well out to 6 miles and shows quadrant
and altitude differences up to three targets at a time. It shows these
targets visually on a small screen as well as an aural signal when the
target closure might be a problem. Have very few hours with it, so will
wait a while to give a better response. It takes very little training,
but does require some experience for target interpretation. It sometimes
sees aircraft that I can not locate, so assume that means its eyes are
better than mine.

Have it on top of the panel, and had to move the whiskey compass to the
right about a foot to make a clear space for it. I plan to have it hard
wired into the headset system and for power soon. Now am depending on a
plug in into the lighter terminal.

Bob Wood
N658SE

  _____