REFLECTOR: Seat rail installation.

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 21:17:42 CDT 2007

The recline is too much for me too. (XLRG-5)   I am 5 feet 8 inches and I
like to sit up very straight when flying or driving.  I modified the
seatpan-to-seatback bracket so the seat back doesn't recline so far.  I can
only guess on these matters until the seats and stick grip are installed
which comes along very late for me in the process.  I did my own seat
cushions and that too is a factor.  Or you might say, throttle reach, stick
position, rudder reach, view over the panel are all players here.  I see
already I will have to boost up the center console arm rest, and cock back
the control stick slightly, so I can fly with my forearm planted and just
use my wrist (ideally only first two fingers and thumb w/ wrist stationery).
All this is downstream of where I am today.  Chris, thanks for the link to
your web site.  I am also looking at making myself a nest for 3 hour + legs
for maps, flashlights, pencil holders etc.  Cockpit layout has a lot of
factors.

Regards,

Terry

  _____