REFLECTOR: slick start and traffic alert system

SlvEgl99 at aol.com SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 08:25:42 CDT 2007

I recently purchased and have been using Zaon Flight System's portable
device. It is passive and reacts to transponders that are responding to other
queries. Seems to detect well out to 6 miles and shows quadrant and altitude
differences up to three targets at a time. It shows these targets visually on a
small screen as well as an aural signal when the target closure might  be a
problem. Have very few hours with it, so will wait a while to give a  better
response. It takes very little training, but does require some  experience for
target interpretation. It sometimes sees aircraft that I can not  locate, so
assume that means its eyes are better than mine.

Have it on top of the panel, and had to move the whiskey compass to the
right about a foot to make a clear space for it. I plan to have it hard wired
into the headset system and for power soon. Now am depending on a plug in into
the lighter terminal.

Bob Wood
N658SE