REFLECTOR: Velocity vs. Cirrus (was Speedbrake, descents, and shock cooling.)

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sat Mar 17 14:33:10 CDT 2007

The Velocity is faster than the Cirrus.  My Cirrus tops out at around
193 knots (I don't have the anti-ice system which makes it faster).  The
V tops out somewhere over 200 knots (haven't completely opened it up at
altitude).

In all honesty, I do prefer the comfort, visibility, electronics and
other features of the Cirrus for my for cross-country flights.  The Vs
are a bit stingy on space.