REFLECTOR: oil cooler issues

Alex alex157 at pwhome.com
Thu Mar 15 10:01:50 CDT 2007

Hi Tom-
Without looking at a picture of your particular cooler- if it is stacked
plate type (most probably it is) the plates are not all the same inside-
some have holes to allow the oil to pass and some do not, so the flow can be
controlled by the design of the stack- the oil most certainly does flow
through the fin section, but the arrangement of having the inlet and outlet
on the same side does reduce the overall efficiency of the cooler- hard to
say by what percent, but it could be significant depending on the airflow
available and difference in temperature between the oil and the air.