REFLECTOR: oil cooler issues

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 05:54:55 CDT 2007

Hi, I'm a new Velocity owner and had a few issues while flying it home.
One was that there was an oil cooler leak, I've removed and will
pressure test today to determine if it's indeed the cooler or just
fittings. In looking at it I noticed that it utilizes inlet and outlet
on same (side) tank. Won't a lot of the oil just pressure right through
at 75psi and not fall through the cooling lines/fins?? Is this a normal
set up or poetic license by builder? It does run too hot (225 in cruise)
and does not have a 2nd cooler. The cooler is an SW10557A which I can't
seem to locate either as far as replacement if I need one. What are most
folks using?? thx much Tom/Fort Myers