REFLECTOR: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] FG nose gear play

Gary Stull gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 11:23:25 CDT 2007

I had a nose strut fail at landing causing quite some damage tp the bottom of the fuselage. It failed at the bend below the fuelage. The crack was concealed by the fairing installed over the nose strut. I replaced the strut, repaired the damage, and no longer have the fairing installed. I too have some play, but doubt that caused the failure. I now always viually inspect the upper bend in the nose strut for cracks.----- Original Message -----