REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 34, Issue 43

Karl J. Warner karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 09:37:26 CDT 2007

Ben,

I fly a factory built 2003 SE, short wing FG w/ 200HP IO-360, MT
hydrolic prop, 1 mag, 1 electronic, and VG's.  My minimum runway @
2400 lbs gross, sea level and 80 F is 3,000 feet and I much prefer
4,000 feet.  My service ceiling @ gross is probably 12K at best.  I
flight plan for 150 knots true @ 9-10 gph, wide open throttle, 2500
rpm down low and up to 2700 rpm up high, 50 F LOP.

My short wing is a great "east coast" traveler - minimal mountains.
I routinely fly from Florida to Maine and back.  But it does not fly
fast (200knots), it does not like short runways (under 3,000ft @
gross), and it does not climb fast (oil cooling mostly).

I have flown my Velocity for 300+ hours and explored most of the
flight envelope, light and heavy.  Your airplane will certainly be
different but this is my experience to date.

Have fun and be safe,
Karl
202VA