REFLECTOR: On factory interaction with builders

Lawrence Epstein,MD ljepstein at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 09:34:11 CDT 2007

IMHO, you are comparing apples and oranges.
Van's are Metal aircraft and the fit & finish are variable, but
different.

Lancair is a composite aircraft which I admit the current fleet is
easier & therefore possibly more likely to have a finer fit & finish
than the Velocity, it is also $39,500 for the least expensive (current)
model (2 seats FG Legacy).  The 4 seat ES is $82,500. If you compare the
Velocity to the Lancair 360 & 320, I think that the finished product
compares favorably.

Larry Epstein