REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot - Part 2

Craig and Denise Woolston cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 00:20:05 CDT 2007

It will do that if the altitude is not above 1200 or 1500 feet (can't
remember which one).  We are at 2650 so it engages just fine on the ground.
You can fake it by changing the Altimeter setting.  When it engages on the
ground it will slowly ratchet the stick over about a minutes worth of time.
Pitch will work in the hanger, roll you need GPS so it will work outside for
us.  I did all of that before I went flying.

Tuning in the air is a bit of a pain because you have to plug in the
keyboard then run the instrument using the keyboard for the rest of the
flight.

You have an EFIS One right?  Only asking for comparison on software
versions.

Craig