REFLECTOR: Nose cyl faulty construction - Safety Bulletin Communications

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 14:15:58 CDT 2007

Just a short and friendly rebuttal to Terry's note regarding his experiences
and comment regarding factory communications relating to MATCO nose gear
cylinders.
As you may know, "the factory" does not monitor, contribute, or offer
comments to the Reflector.  I personally have been a Reflectorite for over
10-years (prior to joining Velocity, Inc) and enjoy being a member of the
group, plus being somewhat of a listening post and liason between
Reflectorites and the company.
For everyone new to the Reflector, there is only _one_ location for Safety
Bulletins and KPC's (Kit Plans Changes) - and this is the Builder's section
of the www.velocityaircraft.com web site.  Please make it a habit to check
the site from time to time to see if there are any new issues or changes
that affect your aircraft.  If you do not have a password or user ID to
enter the Construction Manual section of the Builder's page, please
telephone 772-589-1860 or email me for this information at
scottb at velocityaircraft.com.

Terry offered an excellent suggestion that information regarding the Safety
Bulletin involving MATCO nose gear cylinders be included with the MATCO
hydraulic cylinder rebuild kit.

Many thanks!
Scott B.