REFLECTOR: Radio Transmit Problem

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 18:23:05 CDT 2007

Al,

Not my area of expertise and I suspect there are
probably many possible causes. However, I had a
problem with my COM 1 with almost identical symptoms.

I tried using the COM antenna that I knew worked but
no joy.

In the end, the problem turned out to be the GMA 340.
My radio shop (Instrument Overhaul Service at
Gillespie) plugged in a spare GMA 340 they had and the
problem went away. So I had them send my GMA 340 off
to Garmin to be overhauled (flat rate - doesn't matter
what is wrong). All is well now.

So, if you know of anyone who has a GMA 340 you can
try just plugging it in.

My plane is down for another week or two. If you want
to stop by Whiteman one weekend, we can try plugging
mine in your plane.

Pat