REFLECTOR: Protecting oil return lines (was stuck nose gear)

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 11:54:52 CST 2007

Hi Fred,

I was concerned about this very thing when I installed
my baffling. I used threaded rod instead of wire to
tie the front and back baffles together - but the rod
was very close to the AL oil return lines. I sleeved
the rod with a rubber hose to protect the oil lines. I
now have 200 hours and the oil lines look fine. I'm
sure you could do something similar with your wire.
Here's a pic before the rubber hose went on:

http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/?display=subsystems%2Fair_cooling%2FDsc00134.jpg

Pat