REFLECTOR: stuck nose gear

Fred Marconi fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 10 07:46:23 CST 2007

An Alert to all:

I am doing my 300 hour inspection and have a Lycoming IO540.  As I have seen others do I tied the baffles of #1 and #5 and #2 and #6 cylinders with wire.  The wire went all the way from the back to the front baffle and over the oil return tubes from the cylinder heads.  to our surprise we see that the wires were cutting into the oil return tubes.  If you have secured your baffles in this manner be aware.

Fred
N244FM