REFLECTOR: Cookout at Oshkosh

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 8 10:46:01 CST 2007

Terry,

Great idea!  I was thinking of Dave Spano.  He is just west of you in Oswego
(Std/FG).  They have a good size group that stakes out space early.

http://www.airventure.org/2007/planning/images/camp_scholler_1000.jpg

They camp west of the creek in the 40th or 50th block.  There is more space
out there.  Last year entire blocks were open late into the week.

If we could stake out a reasonable space I'm sure we could do well.  I'm
thinking about bringing a large, portable canopy.  In case of rain or
oppressive sunshine.  :)

We will need an impressively large Velocity banner to mount on the parapet
and claim the Velocity fiefdom.  :) (maybe not, but it would be fun!)

Once we have the location set, I'll post it on the reflector and make sure
maps are available at Velocity.

Also, I have been thinking about the CSA idea.  I would prefer to keep them
separate.  Guests will certainly be welcome, and encouraged. But, primary
reason for the cookout will be a Velocity get-together.

I want to make sure that we don't have a conflicting date.  So far Wednesday
is sounding clear and should be well attended.

It's coming together.  Cool!!

Andy