REFLECTOR: TT autopilot installation in XLFG

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Mar 8 00:50:10 CST 2007

I'm putting an ADI Pilot 2 in my project plane and SteinAir is building the
panel and providing the autopilot.  They are asking me where the servos will
install, and exactly how long the wiring runs from the control head to each
servo need to be.  I don't have any of the hardware in hand, so it's a bit
difficult for me to determine what will fit where.  I assume that the pitch
servo will mount on top of the canard, and I'm thinking the roll servo will
mount on the pilot's side of the fuselage, next to the sump tank and just
aft of the "fishtail" of the keel; that way a pushrod can reach the
bellcrank on the end of the control stick torque tube.

Keith Hallsten

Roseville, CA

Keith;

Sounds right to me.  My roll servo (original S-Tec in photo) is on the CP
side, but same idea.  My TruTrak servo is now in the same spot.

Al