REFLECTOR: compressor

Tony Babb tonybabb at alejandra.net
Mon Mar 5 15:29:01 CST 2007

Hi Ben,

Welcome to our family of builders.

I bought a 5HP 30 gallon compressor from Sears. It cost around $300. I read
somewhere you need a 30 gal capacity although I agree with other comments
regarding the rate it can supply air being important. As a rough guide, mine
is about 4 feet long and 18 inches wide and is mounted on wheels. I also
read somewhere that it's important you get an oil less type as apparently
delamination can occur if oil gets on the lay-ups. I documented my workshop
on my website here http://www.alejandra.net/velocity/workshop.htm. I hope
this is helpful to you.

Good luck,

Tony