REFLECTOR: The 340HP Aluminum V-6 runs!

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sat Mar 3 22:56:26 CST 2007

Ahh,

Ever since the first McKinney fly-in, I felt like we were brothers.  We
would have been twins, except that you went with an automotive design,
and I went with an aviation design.  But other than that, we were pretty
much in agreement.

I remember the first engine start.  What an amazing thing.  It's the
first cry of your baby.  In my case the Autronic performed very well.
I've had four days of engine runs up to now, and hope to squash the last
of the bugs in the backup EFI system.  The primary system runs fine.  I
thought you would be beating me into the air, but now I know better.  It
takes longer than we think.  You and I share a common affliction; also
shared by many on this list.  It's called by two things which are, "my
way", and "perfection."

I hope to fly against you in the Airventure Cup.