REFLECTOR: Project Updates

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 30 11:02:30 CDT 2007

Scott,

I plan on buying those scales, just not sure how soon. I'll let you know when
I have them, and you are welcome to use them. If schedules work out, I'll fly
them to you in the "truck" (235). Then I can see your beast, help you weigh
it, all in one visit. How close are you to doing your W&B?

I'm very curious to weigh my 173. My best guess is that my aluminum 4.3L V-6
weighs about the same as the IO-360 (in a state that it will actually run, not
the book numbers they publish without a starter, alternator, exhaust, etc.) I
know the bare block weighs 78 pounds. Sure surprised folks when I walked into
the shop with it on my shoulder!

I also made sure that I had the engine close to the firewall like you did .
My front pulley is 1.5" from the firewall.
The back of my engine is 26" from the firewall and the prop flange is at 41"

Combine that to my 29 pound prop, and I hope to stay close to the factory
W&B.

I ran the engine again yesterday and all seems well. Now IM on to cutting
some exit ports in the cowl.

Keep us informed,

Kurt