REFLECTOR: Cowl Slot

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Jun 29 12:18:29 CDT 2007

Scott Derrick wrote:

> Removed the tape, re-inserted the flange and then pressed/pounded the
> leather hard fuselage flange against the cowl flange to insure a tight
> fit. I actually over did it a bit and ended up sanding inside the slot
> in a few places to open it up, the fit was really tight!  But I don't
> want it vibrating back there and with no screws to hold it in place?

I figure I can always add a strip of aluminum tape to the cowl if
needed.  With my engine in place I think it will be difficult to add the
glass with the upper cowl in place.  I have a 1" strip of aluminum stock
that is the same thickness as the cowl and I plan on using that to get
the correct slot thickness.

John