REFLECTOR: Velocity Insurance - Good News

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 17:20:14 CDT 2007

Pat,
You are correct.  Falcon is an agency, not an insurance company - and 'yes',
Falcon does represent AIG (along with other aircraft insurance companies).
Donn Gauger is our contact at Falcon - and he is a voice of reason and
authority amongst ... well, amongst a Falcon swimming pool of fools for
agents.  Sometimes it seems the only thing consistent about Falcon is their
inconsistency when advising prospective buyers of insurance!  In this
instance Donn Gauger gave the bad news to the Velocity builder that he did
not qualify for insurance.  It does not make sense that this builder _was_
able to secure insurance from AIG without any difficulty.  AIG prefers to
offer insurance through brokers like Falcon and AUA - however, AIG _will_
write direct.
SB