REFLECTOR: Open House

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 20 13:59:36 CDT 2007

OLEAN AIRPORT  (KOLE) OPEN HOUSE

You are invited to the Olean Airport Open House, Saturday, July 7th. This should be a great time, good food. lots of airplanes, and good company. We are having our second annual open house to promote general aviation in our area. Lots of things going on. If can attend, let me know as I want to reserve parking space for you. We have a fly in breakfast in the morning from 7 A.M. to 10 A.M. and chicken B-B-Q in the afternoon, starting at 4 P.M. and running until we are sold out. There will be aircraft from the Geneseo Air Museum, experimentals, jets, and much more. We will also have the STARS model airplane rally, one of the largest model airplane gatherings in the country. We are looking for a large showing of canard aircraft for spectators to look at. All aircraft will be sectioned off and guarded. The airport will be open until 10:00 A.M. at which time it will closed to allow the models to fly next to the runway. The airport will reopen at 12:00 to all full scale aircraft to come and go. The runway will be shut down again from 1:00 until 4:00 P.M. If there is an unusual case we can open the runway for arrivals or departures. The runway is in beautiful shape and plenty long (4900'). Here is your opportunity to promote general aviation. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. 716-378-6126  Airport identifier is KOLE.

Lou Stedman

Velocity N7044Q

Olean, NY