REFLECTOR: SL-30

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Jun 19 13:15:38 CDT 2007

John

Any SL-30 users out there:  Craig and I are getting frequent complaints
about our COM transmit signal.  Signal is clear but very quiet.  Doesn't
seem to be an antenna blockage issue since we get complaints at various
places on the airport and different directions in the air

Any suggestions?  Is it a setting thing in the SL-30?  Could it be intercom
related?  Intercom is loud and clear amongst all the passengers.

I'm very happy with the performance of the SL-30.  Check the volume
adjustment setting in the set menu, but I think that is only for the side
tone. Sounds like a wiring problem somewhere.  I had a similar problem with
my I-com COM2.  Turned out I had a couple of leads switch in the plug which
allowed it to work, but only would transmit a couple hundred feet.

Good luck,

Al