REFLECTOR: Front Shock/ Tire Pressure

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 20:26:57 CDT 2007

I was trying to soften the landings some years back and had  the brilliant
idea (BRILLIANT I say) to lower all the tire pressures. All  of them to 30 lbs.
, it worked great with one person on board.  UNTIL  high density altitude day,
95  degrees F and at gross weight. Used most of a 6000 ft runway before I
bounced  the plane in to the air to get rid of the rolling resistance from the
tires. Be  careful how low you try to run the pressures. Later testing found
that weight  vs. tire pressure really changes takeoff distance.

                                                      Ken Mishler N2087M SUV
IO360 MT
                                                      XLRG-5 under
construction TIO540