REFLECTOR: First Flight (Jerry Teitsma)

Jerry Teitsma jerryteits at comcast.net
Thu Jun 14 12:22:10 CDT 2007

I was also told by the DAR that a second person could be along on the first flight if it was essential for the safety of the flight.  I was told to interpret those words according to my needs.  The PIC was Steve Murphree.

I had a choice.  I could go to the factory for training but I would receive that training in a different plane and at sea level.  Or, I could get help flying my plane at my airport which has a 5000 ft runway at 8200 ft elevation.  Perhaps I bent the rules but I considered it essential.  JT

Jerry Teitsma, RRC, RRO, CCCA
RCI, Inc
PO Box 796, Granby CO 80446 (USPS mail/shipping)
36 Lodgepole Ct, Granby CO 80446 (UPS/FedEx shipping)
970-887-3910 (Phone/Fax)
jerryteits at comcast.net