REFLECTOR: First Flight (Jerry Teitsma)

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 13 22:26:17 CDT 2007

Congrats!  Now the fun starts!  Steve did my first flight and transition training, too.

We had some cooling issue on our first flight as well (Franklin, Std, Top NACA).  We put a pair of VGs on the top of the fuselage right ahead of the NACAs and that seemed to have helped the CHTs.  Steven also flew mine with the cabin heat on (perhaps both of us have the knob backwards?) and reported that the cabin got really hot quickly as well.

I also noticed that flying uncoordinated to the right cools the oil quicker and the opposite will raise the temps quickly (presumably because of the exposed side profile of the airplane creating high or low pressure areas around the NACA on the side of the nose.

Hiroo (still fighting temp and brake issues)