REFLECTOR: Ignition Noise

David Staten Dastaten at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 21:12:09 CDT 2007

Math Check

50,000 watts.. 50 kilowatts.. thats more than 10 x 5 hp 5000 watt
generators worth of energy.. and heat. LOTS of heat. Not a realistic number.

How bout.. 2 amps x 12 volts on one side of the coil = 24 watts   the
coil is a transformer, so those same 24 watts, assuming no loss of
efficiency (which is academic, not a reality) = 25,000 volts x 0.96
milliamps or 960 microamps

Dave