REFLECTOR: Nose wheel balance

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Jun 11 01:08:12 CDT 2007

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel balance

Al,

Excellent idea.  But you missed the last question.  What are you using for
weights and how are you attaching them?

Oh, I thought that had been answered on another e-mail.  I went to the local
tire shop, and they were willing to give me a string of the flat, adhesive
backed weights (they are in squares, I think 1/4oz each). Trim until you get
the balance, and stick on the inside of the rim.

Another question I have is how would you balance the mains?

Hum-m-m; IIRC, I put the wheel on the axle (without brake rotor, and before
greasing the bearing), left the nut quite loose, and checked to see if they
would stay in any position.  Within the accuracy of the method, no weights
were needed, and they run smooth.

Al