REFLECTOR: Painting

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 08:17:37 CDT 2007

I was wondering what the collective thought of this group was on the use of decals instead of a painted design on the airplane.  I was talking to a RV builder the other day and he suggested them as a cheaper alternative to painting on a design over the white paint.  Easy to repair also.  He also mentioned that it was very popular in the RV community.  I can't get over the feeling the it just doesn't seem right to use decals.  Sounds kind of cheesy to me.  The Velocity is as gourgous as a beautifully restored hot rod.  You certainly won't put decals on a hot rod.  Thoughts from the group??

Bruce Topp
XL-FG