REFLECTOR: Aileron Torque Tube

Milehitaz at aol.com Milehitaz at aol.com
Wed Jun 6 13:38:10 CDT 2007

Question for the collective,

The original aluminum torque tube stock I received with my kit was badly
bent in a Bi-fold hangar door incident a while back and I need to order new
stock.

I vaguely remember something about folks going to steel tubing VS the
Aluminum between the bearing and the connection to the Aileron.

If memory serves me the modification was because there was a belief the
Aluminum was "twisting or flexing" at high speeds and not providing all intended
input. I see in the newest version of the construction manual the factory
still  lists the Aluminum tube.... Anyone flying have input here?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Larry Lambert
XL/RG