REFLECTOR: Seat Assembly

Jorge Bujanda bujanda at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 4 12:00:08 CDT 2007

Richard,
I noticed the misalignment of my seat hinges too.  It causes my aluminum arms to rub
against each other when folding the seat.  For the sake of simplicity, I used steel
washers between the seat pans and the hinge arms as needed, in some of the screws, for
better alignment.  I found that slightly separating the arms helps to align them too,
making their rotation smoother. For this, I placed 1/16th" thick wide area "Teflon"
washers between the hinge arms.  Although not flying yet, this seems to have taken care of
the problem.  If not, I plan to use the method in the manual used for the main gear
alignment pads but I don't want to go any farther with this unless necessary.

Regards,
Jorge Bujanda
Velocity XL FG
Palmdale, CA
Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/

"Make your best case... not the best case."
"Spare the noise... convince through silence."