REFLECTOR: Ideas for cooling the #6 (far out) cylinder.

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:05:07 CDT 2007

Hiroo,

Is your plenum one piece that covers the entire top of the engine as
supplied by the factory for the Franklin ?  If yes, you may want to
do what others including myself have done to greatly reduce CHT temps.

Cut out the center section of the plenum and fabricate down sides with
flanges that attach to the threads left and right of the engine top cover.
The result, two separate plenums tightly secured over each cylinder bank.

Before I made the change, I could not climb more than 400 FPM and had to
level off at 3000 ft cool down for a while then continue the climb. After
the
conversion, I can now climb straight to any altitude in the Florida heat
without
exceeding 392 F. Oil temps usually settles at 190 ~210 during climb and 185
during cruise.

--
Mike W
1997 Velocity Elite RG