REFLECTOR: Phase I urban airport

Douglas Holub doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Sat Jun 2 12:44:34 CDT 2007

Got a reply from the local FSDO office regarding Phase I flight testing out of a semi-urban airport. I thought someone might be interested:

Dear Sir:

Although I believe it is possible to perform phase I flying out of Grand
Prairie airport (Grand Prairie airport is part of the Fort Worth FSDO area
so you'd have to ask them) it would be very restrictive as far as flight
paths in and out would be concerned.  You would probably be restricted to
flying due south for several miles to get out of the congested area before
starting any turns and maneuvers.  Lancaster is a much better choice for
Phase I flight.  It is a rural area and you would have more choices in your
flight patterns.  If you have any more questions let me know.

Barry G. Proctor