REFLECTOR: Oil cooler exit

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 15:04:26 CDT 2007

Barry,

Here are a few links to lower cowl "reverse NACA"
installations that Keith was describing:

http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/?dir=engines%2Fexhaust_jean_prudhomme

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardgwinn/Page33.htm

I suspect this would offset the added pressurization
to the low P side of the cowling from your 2nd oil
cooler and increase airflow over the cooler at the
same time.

However, if you're happy with your CHT's, you could
just fabricate a cowl exit dedicated to your 2nd oil
cooler (the cowling in the 1st link has this).

If you go either of these routes, be sure to let us
know the before/after data!

Pat