REFLECTOR: fuel lines another question

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Jul 29 23:58:42 CDT 2007

Larry;

I did flow measurements which showed that gravity feed from one 3/8" line
from one strake supplied ample flow.  I can't find the data now, but if my
memory serves, it was more than 30 gph.  This was with a relatively small
amount of fuel in the strake fuel.  My sump is mounted close to the bottom
on the fuselage, which may give a couple more inches head the standard; but
would certainly suggest that a 3/8" from each strake to the sump is more
than adequate - unless you're running a turbine:-).

Al