REFLECTOR: Floaters

Steve Goldman steve at fatcatair.com
Sat Jul 28 07:25:36 CDT 2007

David Staten wrote:
> Fletcher's and Fletchair were bought by Wilson a year or two again. The
> number should work, but googling for fletcher's may be a dead end.
> I'd met mister Fletcher several times in the past, and admired him for
> keepin the business up even into his 80's.

Wilson only bought the FBO part of Fletchair. Since then they have
moved out of Houston Hobby to Comfort TX. They still are "the" place
to get get Grumman parts. For as long as I've owned my Tiger (2000)
Dave Fletcher has been running Fletchair who is the son. I think the
real owner all the time was his mother (Mabel?) who was quite the
pilot/instructor/operator. At last year's Grumman convention in
Fredericksburg TX she got the award for "Outstanding Contributions"
and gave a long speech of stories from her years at Fletchair. I think
she still has her CFI and she is certainly 80'ish. Quite a character.

--
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531