REFLECTOR: Moral Dilemma

David Staten Dastaten at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 25 23:48:16 CDT 2007

Scott Derrick wrote:

>I finally sat them down and told him and her that I thought that his
>idea of restarting his flying career by getting in a EZ for a flight to
>Idaho was ludicrous and a really good way to get buried in Grants.

Has it occured to you that this may be his eventual goal? I'm aware of
more than one suicide by plane in my few years of flying.

>I guess I just don't want to loose his friendship by refusing the help
>him. Not to mention the possibility of being a primary interviewee to a
>NTSB investigation!

Whats more valuable? His friendship or your integrity and sense of
right. You can attach any number of words to any number of explanations,
and this is the issue at hand at the end. I've cut loose friendships
before, if it involved compromising my principals.

Dave