REFLECTOR: brakes

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 18 22:42:47 CDT 2007

Recently I have had problems with my Cleveland brakes binding up. I have a Velocity STD FG.  My past experience with Cleveland brake systems has not been favorable. I had them on my LongEZ and they were trouble from the beginning. I finally switched to Grove brake systems and found them to be far superior. What about the Velocity community? Are the Grove systems favored over the Cleveland? My calipers are old and I can't make out the number to order new pads. The only number I find is 30-75X  8-87  194. I can't find this number in ACS catalogue. Does anyone have the part number for pads for a 600-6 wheel?

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY