REFLECTOR: Aircraft leveling

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 17 17:34:34 CDT 2007

Jim,

I understand your concern.  Since I recently crushed my main, I would be
concerned that there was a small amount of compression of the leg 6
inches out from the pivot were mine compressed.  Since your gear door
attach broke it may be difficult to know if the gear is exactly the same
shape.  Since you have checked the gear and now re wrapped it and you
are sure there is no other damage, I'll bet you are ok too.  Time will
tell.  I found my nose gear bent too.  Got my new one today.  When I
replaced my gear leg with the replacement on my recent big trip, I cut
it off a little short about 1/4th inch so mine will probably not sit
level either.  Maybe we should park together somewhere and explain that
they are all that way.  Good Luck.

Rene'