REFLECTOR: Resolved!: Oil temp issue (and heat in the nose)

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 10 17:43:46 CDT 2007

So far, I haven't seen much effect on the airspeed but mine is a bit of a dog right now.  Wings aren't exactly clean, wing bolt holes are still uncovered, there are a lot of odd bits hanging off the airframe, etc.

On a good day (when I don't redline the #6), I can coax 160kts TAS out of the dog full-bore but it is normally happy putzing around at 120Kts or so with throttle pulled back quite a bit.

Now that the concept is sound and it has a positive results, I can experiment and find a solution that will work better.  I figure, when I start speed tuning, I can fair it in better and create a bit more gentler ramp.

For now, it is a "proof of concept" and it definitely did its job.

Hiroo