REFLECTOR: "Rube Goldberg" resistorforplasticairplanefuelsystems

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jul 10 08:21:19 CDT 2007

The body is a reasonably good conductor.  I hold the fuel nozzle in one
hand, outstretched, while touching the closed fuel cap with my other
hand.  That way if there is a spark, there will be no fuel fumes
present.  Also this way the electrical potential will be the same for
the fuel nozzle and the filler opening.

John