REFLECTOR: aileron bellcranks in the wing roots

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 07:14:29 CDT 2007

Doug,
   I would install the bell cranks before the engine if I had it to do it all over again.  Much easier to work on and get the 90 degree cable approach angle if the engine isn't in the way.  Unless you install the bell crank brackets out really far from the wing root, I don't see how they can get in the way of the engine.  I have an XL so maybe it depends on the model.

Bruce Topp
XL-FG

From: "Douglas Holub" <doug.holub at tx.rr.com>

Should I install the aileron bell cranks in the wing roots before or after I install the engine? I think I remember reading that someone had some interference with the engine and needed to move his bell cranks.

Doug Holub
I see light at the end of the tunnel