REFLECTOR: Featherfill G2

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Jul 9 19:33:44 CDT 2007

My neighbor, watching me make a clowd of sanding dust,  asked me why I don't
just spray my wings/canard with this Featherfill G2 polyester product,
instead of using the epoxy micro balloon. Since I have no answer, I put it
to you all. Why not?  Apparently his painter has used it on helicopter
repairs under jetglow paint.
His theory is, spray it on, let it cure, then sand it. He claims it is as
hard as epoxy and much easier to apply and sand.
Matt

Matt;

I recall from some discussion here a few years back that polyester fillers
caused some folks nightmares a few years after they painted.  Maybe with a
polyester paint over; but don't put it under epoxy primers or urethane
paints.

Al