REFLECTOR: Tips on stop drilling for cracks in the wind screen

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 8 15:01:39 CDT 2007

Another method is to simply use the drill bit in reverse--it will not
grab and it will simply melt through. They sell special drill bits for
plexi with the edges filed off but the reverse method works fine. I had
replaced the windscreen in my Mooney with a one piece windscreen. Had to
drill about 50 holes through the plexi because it actually bolts on.
Reverse drill worked fine with no issues. Windscreen was still going
strong after 12 years when I sold the plane to a neighbor.