REFLECTOR: Tips on stop drilling for cracks in the wind screen

John Overman mooneydryver at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 13:44:27 CDT 2007

Don't ever stop drill cracks. The drill bit creates
ridges inside the hole which are stress points that
the hole was supposed to eliminate, thus allowing the
crack to continue.
Whenever you want to make a hole in plexi or acrylic,
heat a rod (drill bit?) of the appropriate size till
you  see a redish color then plunge it thru the
plastic. It makes the hole and cauterizes itself.
Works everytime.
                          John
--- Christopher Martin