REFLECTOR: "Rube Goldberg" resistor for plasticairplanefuelsystems

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 6 07:40:18 CDT 2007

If you are looking for an easy to ground for fueling, take a page from the Long EZ group. I did this on my Long and my Velocity. Get some piano wire, cut off about 8", bend a loop in the center. Now get yourself some stainless light pull chain. Using safety wire, attach the safety wire to the nut on the bottom or your gas cap. Then twist about 8" and attach it to the piano wire at the loop and to that attach about 18" of the stainless pull chain. Now insert the chain into your fuel tank. Turn the piano wire vertically and put it through the hole as well. You now have a safety stop for your fuel cap if it ever comes loose in flight and a grounding point for the fuel ground.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY