REFLECTOR: Lycoming head thread

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Jul 4 15:37:47 CDT 2007

I tried screwing a wood “match stick” into the hole and got a length of
about 0.80” of thread marks on it to count.  The small hole on the side of
the cylinder head definitely has 24 threads per inch.  That would be
National Coarse for a #10 screw, so I tried a #10-32 for diameter.  Nope.
It’s definitely smaller in diameter than a #10 screw.  So it appears to be a
#8 – 24, which I have never heard of.

The holes on the top of the cylinder head are ¼” – 20 threads per inch –
quite standard.

Keith

  _____