REFLECTOR: Fuel venting issue

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Mon Jul 2 08:55:55 CDT 2007

The one that I have is the high dollar Andair unit- has a decent cracking
pressure (spring) in there- it does not leak in the reverse direction
(balloon test) although they do make a model with a designed in internal
metering orifice that would, and as long as the normal vent is working
-pressurizing the tanks- it would be held closed even without a spring- I
also asked Andair if it can be used for a vent line check, and they
concurred that it can be used for that purpose,

Even if  an improper vent setup put negative pressure on the tanks, the
valve would either remain closed due to the higher cracking pressure or
allow air to flow from the cabin to the normal vent exit- I can not see any
way that it would allow either fuel or vapor into the cabin- but would
certainly like to hear from anyone using a check valve that has had this
problem.

  _____