REFLECTOR: Getting Air to the Engine

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sun Jul 1 11:19:17 CDT 2007

I am trying to find a way to get air from the runner to the rear facing
(forward relative to the engine) air intake on the engine. I cannot get
a 3" scat hose from the runner to the intake since there is not enough
room below the engine or above the plenum in the cowlings. I would like
a solution that does not mean putting another bubble in the cowling.

I was wondering if anyone built a flat slot under the engine with 3"
fittings in each end in order to attach the scat to the runner and
engine intake.

If that is not a good option, then I guess I will put a P-51 style scoop
under the engine intake on the cowl with a filter and have air enter
there for the engine.

Richard